Unique People Profile per Community
We’ve made a major update to Community! At the Community level, there are now unique people profiles per community.
What value does this bring?
Let's say Event A and Event B are in the same Community:
- As an organizer, you'll be able to carry over and reuse people created in Event A for Event B. This means you no longer have to rewrite all the information related to people for your community’s next event.
- As a participant, if you’re already part of Event A, all your fields will be pre-filled for Event B, making registering simpler than ever.
How does this impact a user who’s a member of several events in the same Community?
Let's say that there is a user with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
This user was registered for Event 1 and Event 2, which are both in the same Community. Event 2 starts after Event 1.
This means that user email@example.com has the same profile for both Event 1 and Event 2.
What happens to the profile of user firstname.lastname@example.org after this release?
For all the basic fields (listed below), we'll keep the values from the latest event (last start date).
In the example we used above, for each field, we'll take the values from Event 2 (if not empty). If the values are empty, we'll take the values from Event 1. If a basic field has no value for Event 1 and Event 2, it will remain empty.
Mobile phone number
Landline phone number
All social media
Example: email@example.com Job title is PO in Event 1 and Product Owner in Event 2. We will keep Product Owner as the Job title. The user firstname.lastname@example.org will now have the Job title Product Owner **in Event 1 and Event 2.
For all the custom fields, if a field is used in several events, we'll include the value of the last event (last start date). In the example above, we'll take the value of Event 2 (if there is one), or we'll take the value of Event 1. It will stay empty if the person has no value for the custom field for Event 1 and Event 2.
⚠️ Be careful: the "Type" field is the only custom field that is created by default on all events. That is why when we switch to a unique profile for the entire Community, a different value for “Type” on several events can have a more significant impact than for the other custom fields. Example: If email@example.com has the value Animator in “Type” for Event 1 and the value Moderator for Event 2, then we will keep Moderator as the “Type” for all of the community’s events. Therefore, for Event 1 and Event 2, firstname.lastname@example.org will be shown as a Moderator.
Values that will stay unique per event :
- Badge and code
- Lead retrieval (because it’s linked to the Event group)
- All interactions (My Schedule/My Meetings/My bookmarked companies) will stay at Event level
How to reuse existing people from one event to another in the same Community?
It is now possible to carry over people that have already been created in another event to a new event.
The process for this is simple. Let’s say for Event B you’d like to bring over select people that you created in Event A.
- Go to Event A in the Studio and download the People as an Excel file
- Clean your Excel list so that only the People you want to reuse remain (delete the non-relevant lines)
- Go to Event B in the Studio, click on Add People, and then choose the new option “Import from another event in the Community”
5. Upload the updated Excel file
6. There you have it! All the People that already exist won’t be duplicated but instead carried over to the new event.
What will change in the Event App?
In the Event App, the only change will be as follows:
Let’s look at an example: if “People” is enabled on Event A and Event B in the same Community, those People can be found at both Event A and Event B but with a different look. This is because the custom fields enabled for Event A and Event B can be different. Essentially it’s the same people, but with a different look depending on customization.