Unique Exhibitor per Community
Here’s a new update that we’re excited to share!
- As an organizer, you will be able to reuse an existing Exhibitor from another event within the same Community
- Exhibitors will have to fill out their booth info only once per Community and no more than once per event
That means from now on, Exhibitors will only have to manage one booth per Community. Almost all the Exhibitor’s information will be consistent for all events within the same Community.
What will be shared between events and what will be unique per event?
What unique Exhibitor information is shared to all the events within the same Community?
- Header image
- Video header
- Background image
- Phone numbers
- Social networks
- Any custom field
- Permission to add members
- Lead retrieval abilities (if the parameter is set on the exhibitor itself, this will be taken into account in the whole Community. If the parameter is not set, we’ll take into account the parameter of the event group the exhibitor is a member of)
- Documents and links (as of this release, all the documents and links will be shared with the Community. This means that for all events within the same community, you’ll find all the documents and links that have been created for any event there)
- Exhibitor links
- All the editing information abilities
What Exhibitor information stays within a single event?
- Booth (location)
- Members (The list of members will be unique to all the events of the Community only when we’ve introduced a unique People profile per Community - COMING SOON)
- Items (The list of items will be unique to all the events of the Community only when we move the Items to the Community level - COMING SOON)
How can you reuse an existing Exhibitor?
It is now possible to carry over an Exhibitor that has been already created in another event to a new event.
The process for this is simple. Let’s say for Event B you’d like to bring over select exhibitors that you created in Event A.
- Go to Event A in the Studio and download the Exhibitors as an Excel file
- Clean your Excel list so that only the Exhibitors you want to reuse remain (delete the non-relevant lines)
- Go to Event B in the Studio, click on Add Exhibitors, and then choose the new option “Import content already existing in the Community”
4. Upload the updated Excel file
5. There you have it! All the Exhibitors that already exist won’t be duplicated but instead carried over to the new event.
Please note that in Studio, when trying to modify an Exhibitor that exists for several events, we’ll warn the organizer that modifying a piece of information could have an impact on several events:
What will change in the Exhibitor Center?
The only change in the Exhibitor Center will be to an Exhibitor that exists within numerous events from the same Community. There will now be one dedicated booth for each event where the Exhibitor is present as if there are two separate events.
This means for each booth, you’ll be able to independently manage the items, the meetings, the contacts, the analytics related to the activity of the exhibitor for an event, and so on.
What will change in the Event App?
In the Event App, the only change will be as follows:
Let’s look at an example: if an Exhibitor is enabled on Event A and Event B of the same Community, that Exhibitor can be found at both Event A and Event B but with a different look because the custom fields enabled for Event A and Event B can be different. Essentially it’s the same exhibitor, but with a different look depending on the customization.
We will not be merging existing exhibitors with this release.
For example, let’s say that Company 1 exists in Event A and also in Event B, and that Event A and B are in the same Community. As of this release, there will be two Company 1’s and they will not be merged.
The Exhibitor or the Organizer will have to decide which one should be deleted and which one should be kept and enabled for the other event.